VoltSafe is a fast-growing Canadian clean technology company (within a multi-billion dollar industry) that has created a paradigm shift in how the world connects to electricity, making it safer, simpler, and smarter. VoltSafe’s patented technology is the world’s first prong-less plug that safely delivers any/all voltage levels and has successfully appeared on Dragons’ Den, receiving multiple offers. VoltSafe technology antiquates existing pronged plugs by achieving a level of safety, simplicity and smart capabilities never seen before.
In the past 150 years, humankind has invented radio, flight, television, spacecrafts, the Internet, the Hadron Collider, CRISPR and AI, yet we still plug our toasters in like our great great grandparents. While the world has remained infatuated with innovation at the device-end of electrical cords, VoltSafe is focused on innovation at the other end of the cord.
VoltSafe Inc. is searching for a motivated, ambitious candidate with a passion for digital content and communications who has a proven ability to deliver results through online marketing efforts. You are an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills, creative thinker and work productively to achieve goals and deadlines. You are a team player and demonstrate a high level of professionalism. You will help us manage our social media presence and take our brand to the next level working alongside the CMO, Director, Brand & Creative and most importantly, the CEF.
Who are we looking for?
You are a team player, passionate about creating immersive content that builds brand awareness, drives positive engagement and converts audiences into consumers and advocates of our brand and product(s) and tech by developing first-class content for VoltSafe’s social channels, website and marketing e-mails.
You are an exceptional talent who will thrive in an environment where they will create and design various materials for web, social media and marketing. This the perfect opportunity to have an immediate impact within a fast growing company.
About the job:
- Planning, creating, publishing and maintaining share-worthy content for all platforms (website, e-newsletters and social channels including Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, Youtube and LinkedIn)
- Write and publish blogs, and e-newsletters to develop brand identity and drive inbound marketing opportunities
- Interacting with potential and current customers or businesses on social media, website or emails to foster engagement, build awareness, increase site traffic and drive conversion
- Identifying opportunities for social media collaboration between stakeholders, followers and influencers
- Reporting analytics of various enewsletter, website and social media initiatives
- Coordinate and collaborate with key influencers for posting, product giveaways, etc
- Support with keyword strategy to aid SEO
- Demonstrate social listening and analytical skills
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing or related digital and/or communications field OR 1-2 years of working experience in a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, proofreading and grammar skills.
- Strong planning, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure while meeting deadlines
- Resourceful and proactive in seeking solutions and gathering information
- Team player, collaborator but also able to work independently as needed
- Excellent knowledge and ability to manage/use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Youtube, Linkedin and Google Ads
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office: Word; Excel; PowerPoint
- Knowledge of subscription-based email deployment, CASL legislation and automation
- Knowledge of website CMS platforms (WordPress and/or Elementor preferred)
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and ability to report on trends/findings
- Experience with video editing (Final Cut Pro, Canva and/or iMovie) and ability to use Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, illustrator, InDesign) is an asset
- Experience with Jira to manage projects/tasks is an asset
- Knowledge how to formulate an SEO strategy
- Experience in writing blog posts and social media content in an academic or professional setting
- Understanding of paid, owned, and earned aspects of digital media and how they fit as part of on overall, integrated marketing mix
- Knowledge of industry best practices
- Experience with a CRM (Hubspot preferred) is an asset
Email your successful application to us by sending your resume and a couple “in-use, real-life” examples of your work (screenshots, website portfolio) PLUS a blog-style cover letter explaining why YOU should be VoltSafe’s Content Specialist.
EMAIL US: firstname.lastname@example.org
Use SUBJECT: Content Specialist – “your name”
VoltSafe supports employment equity and diversity in the workplace and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who reflect our ever-changing workplace.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.