VoltSafe is a fast-growing Canadian clean technology company (within a multi-billion dollar industry) that has created a paradigm shift in how the world connects to electricity, making it safer, simpler, and smarter. VoltSafe’s patented technology is the world’s first prong-less plug that safely delivers any/all voltage levels and has successfully appeared on Dragons’ Den, receiving multiple offers. VoltSafe technology antiquates existing pronged plugs by achieving a level of safety, simplicity and smart capabilities never seen before.
In the past 150 years, humankind has invented radio, flight, television, spacecrafts, the Internet, the Hadron Collider, CRISPR and AI, yet we still plug our toasters in like our great great grandparents. While the world has remained infatuated with innovation at the device-end of electrical cords, VoltSafe is focused on innovation at the other end of the cord.
VoltSafe Inc. is searching for a motivated, ambitious candidate with a passion for digital content and communications who has a proven ability to deliver results through online marketing efforts. You are an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills, creative thinker and work productively to achieve goals and deadlines. You are a team player and demonstrate a high level of professionalism. You will help us manage our social media presence and take our brand to the next level working alongside the CMO, Director, Brand & Creative and most importantly, the CEF.
VoltSafe is looking to expand our engineering team to work on our mobile app and user-facing web products. The ideal candidate has experience working on production web and mobile user systems.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Collaborate with engineering team to bring mobile prototypes from Figma to production React Native Components
• Test the mobile app across devices and Oss and against production hardware
• Write unit tests
• Develop backend server-side applications for IoT devices
• Develop applications using Bluetooth communication API
• Solid rapid prototyping and creative problem-solving skills
• Willingness to take risk and iterate over new ideas
• Ability to work on solving novel problems using new platforms with sparse-to-no documentation
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, etc.
• Work experience with React.js (mandatory), React Native
• Experience in developing enriching UI/UX (mandatory)
• Previous experience using Figma for app prototyping
• Previous co-op experience, especially startups, is a plus
• We love design teams! Tell us what you worked on and what you learned
• Experience with basic electronics such as Arduino, is a plus
• Your own personal DIY hacking, tell us how you solved your problems
• Contribution to open source projects or Open Hardware projects is highly appreciated
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org